Wed. Jun 12th, 2024

The National Electoral Board of Ethiopia (NEBE) toured the printing process and security system of election ballot paper printing for political party leaders.

The National Electoral Board of Ethiopia (NEBE) has sent a delegation of political parties and media to South Africa to visit the ballot paper printing process. Presentation of the ballot paper for the representatives of the parties and the media, led by Fikre Gebrehiwot, senior management of the board, showed the details of the printing process, technical and security system.

On March 25, 2013, the Board officially announced the results of the ballot paper, which is one of the highlights of the fair process. The printing of ballot papers has started since; Members of the observation team from parties and the media visited the Ren-Form Publishing Association in South Africa, one of the two publishing houses involved in this work.

During the visit, officials from the printing company were briefed on the process and the security of the printing press. What the visitors want to clarify is explained to them by the management and the board leadership, Fikre Gebre Hiwot. A visit was made to the overall process from raw material production to the printing process and packaging system. The parties commented to the media after the visit: They rejoice in what they see; They described the visit as a clear demonstration of the board’s work. They said the visit provided an opportunity for the parties to hold talks.

The ballot paper in South Africa covers 45% of the print. This covers SNNPR, Amhara Region, Sidama region and Southwest referendum. The remaining 55% of the printing work is being done by the Al-Ghurar Association in Dubai. The four-day visit was also attended by senior members of the Prosperity Party, the Amhara National Movement (ANM), the Union of Ethiopian Representatives, the Ethiopian Social Democratic Party (ESDP) and the All Ethiopian Unity Organization (AEUO). .

Source: NEBE Facebook Page


Leave a Reply